Why You Won’t See Marketing Results Immediately
1. Still learning a process that works
2. It takes time to build brand trust
3. It takes time to build a following
How do you tell if your marketing is working?
- Growth month on month. Every month, your traffic, followers and impressions should be growing. There may be dips in certain months, but overall your traffic should have an upwards curve. It may peak at a certain point, in which case you should consider what other features you can add to your ‘marketing mix’. That’s a good sign to try something new.
- Engagement from the internet. Are people replying to your posts, liking them, asking questions or inboxing you on Facebook? This is a good sign that you’re getting interest. This will look different in every industry, but it should be happening even on a small scale. Is the person you’ve outsourced replying to these comments and trying to encourage more engagement, or are they going ignored?
- If there is no return at 6 months, call a meeting and ask what can be changed to ensure that this starts to happen. The person managing your account should share your concerns and be willing to discuss solutions. If there has been no extra traffic, no growth in anything, sack your marketer.
It might not necessarily be your marketer’s fault
- Is my brand strong enough, is it appealing to customers?
- Is my product or service competitively priced and good quality? Do I need to encourage a buzz around my business with some special offers?
- Is my website functional, is it working fast enough, does it work on mobile devices, or is it putting people off at the first touch?
- Are the call to actions on my website strong enough, or do my customers have to go through a frustrating process just to get my contact details?
- Do I have micro call to actions and lead magnets on my site that encourage customers to leave their details so that I can re-market to them?
- Is my sales process strong enough?